Transitional Kindergarten Classroom Grants
First 5 Fresno County, in partnership with the Fresno County Office of Education, is offering a grant opportunity to local schools to aid in the development and implementation of transitional kindergarten (TK) programs in Fresno County. This grant opportunity helps to promote and ensure quality instruction. The application is open to TK teachers and administrators. Funds may be used to augment classrooms, purchase instructional materials, play equipment, an more, to ensure that the classroom is developmentally appropriate for a TK program.
Grants of $5000 per classroom are available now through October 15th. Applications will be approved on a continual basis as funds are available.
TK programs must meet the following criteria to apply:
- The TK program must be located in Fresno County.
- The TK program must be implemented in the fall of 2011.
- Combination classes of TK and K students must have at least 40% TK students.
Download the following documents to apply:
- Transitional Kindergarten Application Packet 2011/2012
- Transitional Kindergarten Budget and Justification
- Transitional Kindergarten Cover Sheet
For questions or additional information visit www.first5fresno.org.